|Job Title: ||Dealer Service Rep
|Industry Sector: ||Action, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Other, Outdoor, Snow
|Job Categories: ||Sales - Inside
The Position: Dealer Service Rep
Are you ready to embark on your next adventure?
If you love adventure and exploration, great gear and apparel, and being around people who share your passions for travel and the outdoors, you’ll be in good company at ExOfficio and Marmot. Most importantly, we are down-to-earth individuals who are committed to our communities and sustainability in all that we do, without sacrificing performance, innovation, or quality.
Among the perks of joining our team are a complimentary on-site gym with towel service and fitness classes, regular volunteer opportunities, daily food trucks, a product loaner program to enhance your next adventure (tents, sleeping bags, backpacks), and a generous discount on our gear and apparel. We also believe in celebrating success together whether it be through employee/family gatherings, life events, summer BBQs, or softball leagues. To put it simply, we enjoy life.
So grab your backpack and explore an opportunity with us today!
Dealer Service Rep
The Dealer Services Representative is responsible for effectively processing and monitoring all inquiries and sales orders for assigned territory(s), as well as product orders received by telephone, mail, email or fax from customers, outside sales representatives, retail store accounts and/or special accounts, such as for government, military, uniforms and shareholders. This position monitors order deadlines, special requirements, and sales rep/account associations wherever possible to ensure maximum opportunity for all to reach sales goals by performing the following duties.
- Manages and edits orders received for price and availability, style/color accuracy, and shipping within specific timelines.
- Computes correct pricing, availability, ship date, discounts, and estimated shipping charges and communicates this information back to retailers/sales reps as needed.
- Accurately enters new orders and manages existing orders to effectively drive sales, minimize any financial impact both internally and externally and allow for smooth daily transactions.
- Answers direct customer and incoming dealer service calls and retrieves messages from voice mail, e-mail, and fax requests for product orders.
- Answers questions about product technical features, availability and other information.
- Informs customers of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Recommends purchase of additional merchandise based on knowledge of complete product lines, features, functionality and intended style combinations.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates, utilizing MS Excel spreadsheet system to monitor timely arrivals.
- Communicates with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Resolves customer product order problems such as style or color exchange, credit hold accounts, refused orders and status of customer issues following current policies and procedures.
- Forwards non-routine complaints to manager.
- Records and/or files copies of orders received in the dealer files according to rep firm accounts or company name.
- Applies tactical problem solving skills on a regular basis to ensure a smooth-running operation.
- Actively manages professional development.
- University or four-year college degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in consumer products and customer service experience in the active-outdoor industries, with responsibility for order tracking, problem resolution and customer interface
- Experience in retail or inside sales is preferred
- Practical knowledge of related functions including production, wholesale sales, merchandising, inventory planning and distribution is preferred
- Practical knowledge of product application and functionality is preferred
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs; Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required
- Knowledge of SAP, 10-Key operation and order entry system preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing (email)
- Strong analytical and computational skills
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Flexible nature with the ability to react quickly and sometimes creatively to business needs
- Ability to exercise good judgment in resolving problems, work planning and organization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Team player
- A passion for the Outdoor Industry and Travel / Adventure a plus
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, ExOfficio, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: None
Job Application Web Site: https://careers.newellbrands.com/us/en/job/NEBRUS98/Dealer-Service-Representative-Marmot-and-ExOfficio