Idaho Operations Manager
Posted by Orange Torpedo Trips on 12/05/2018
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Management
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Erik Weiseth
Contact Phone: 541-479-5061
Job Type: Seasonal
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Idaho operations Manager - The Job
The Idaho operations manager oversees all day-to-day operations occurring at or out of the Riggins Idaho facility. These operations include all guided trips, shuttles, rentals and retail sales. This position oversees the other operational management positions at the location and answers directly to the managing partner.
The Idaho Operations Manager will:
- Ensure doors of Idaho business stay open during operating season and that operations are successful and smooth. The season begins with Owyhee River operations in early April and concludes early to mid-October.
- Ensure trips have the logistical support and tools to operate smoothly.
- Ensure operational alignment between all involved managers and guides.
- Ensure workers are scheduled as needed for all positions,
- Ensure staff development programs are successfully being followed and personally invest in younger workers to grow them into mature and successful staff.
- Ensure all positions and needed tasks are covered in the shoulder season.
- Ensures positive relationships are maintained with all local vendors and that vendors are appropriately scheduled for all needed services.
- Manages daily budgets with a keen eye on cost controls.
- Assists with phone answering and sales, especially in the early shoulder season.
- Oversee company vehicle fleet to ensure vehicles are operational and maintained.
- Oversee company operational equipment. Prevent loss and ensure maintenance of equipment promoting longevity of gear.
- Must be a multi-tasking master
- Competent leader with a lead through serving mentality
- Communication skills - ability to explain desires and reasons why
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Computer skills - word processing, spreadsheets, google forms
- Competent at driving vehicle with a trailer
- Class B or C commercial drivers license with passenger endorsement (preferred)
- Ability to guide all OTT Trips in Idaho - Preferred
- Five years river guiding experience or river industry experience preferred.
- Experience leading or managing people in a dynamic work environment
- Customer service experience
- College degree preferred
- Accounting, costing and budget management experience preferred
- History of corporate purchasing a plus
- This position operates out of the OTT location in Riggins, Idaho with the expectation of the employee being on site during the operational season.
- Housing on site is available if desired.
- This position is full time/seasonal with the opportunity to become full time annual in the future.
- Position is a seasonal/salary position.
What it means to be part of Orange Torpedo Trips
For almost five decades Orange Torpedo Trips has been a leader in the outdoor adventure community, guiding unique and thrilling river based vacations the world over for our family of adventurous clients. Being a part of Orange Torpedo Trips means becoming a participant in our story, which is the story of us being active players in some of the most powerful and important memories people will create in their lifetime. Through our river based adventures we provide confidence and relaxation to our travelers. We give them space to bond with their kids and opportunities to forget their everyday struggles. We are stewards of the areas we love and we show others why the places we travel are worth loving and protecting. In being a part of Orange Torpedo Trips you forever become a part of our family as we become a part of the families who travel with us.
OTT Attributes - OTT people have:
- Desire to learn new skills
- Active as a student or in one’s profession
- History of taking on new challenges
- Creative problem solver
Desire for personal growth
- Seeks out new challenges
- Desires to have new experiences
- Participates in leadership development
- Appreciates critique as an opportunity for improvement
- Self-confident in one’s ability to lead
- Self-confident enough to allow others to lead
- Humble enough to admit what one needs to learn
- Confident enough to accomplish something after saying they can do it
- Healthy balance of fear and confidence
Love for adventure
- Passion for the outdoors
- Love for rivers
- Strong desire to share wild places with our clients
- Thrive in adverse circumstances
- Have a strong sense of emotional stability as circumstances change
About Orange Torpedo Trips
Orange Torpedo Trips (OTT) is a leader in the outdoor adventure community. We guide our family of adventurous clients on unique and thrilling active river-running vacations to some of the world’s most beautiful waterways. With paddle in hand or on foot, our travelers gain a sense of personal accomplishment in pushing past their own fears or limitations. These experiences challenge our guests physically, build confidence, encourage collegiality and introspection, build respect for nature, create lasting bonds with families and friends, and inspire memories to last a lifetime.