Posted by Black Diamond Equipment on 12/21/2018
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Black Diamond Equipment is looking for a dynamic online, phone and mail-in order sales fulfillment and customer service professional to join our team. The Direct-to-Consumer Assistant will act in a capacity as company liaison between the general public, outdoor industry professionals and Black Diamond Equipment. This position requires in-depth technical comprehension of Black Diamond products from a company philosophy, design, service, warranty/repair and user standpoint with the ability to competently and professionally communicate this knowledge verbally as well as electronically.
Who you are:
- We are looking for someone that really knows gear and can do some research. This position will communicate and research technical questions and knowledge of all Black Diamond products with the aptitude to complete research on and gain knowledge and understanding of competitor products.
- Tech savvy skill set would be key for this position. The Direct-to-Consumer Assistant will be actively online, in charge of phone and mail order entry, shipping and email order confirmations. Daily order processing and releasing, inventory, back order management and communication are essential functions of the job with inventory control decision making.
- Are you organized? Heavy order management in initiating and investigating order queries, billing, miss-ship errors, and tracers. The DTC Assistant will process and manage non-warranty returns, refunds, credits, gift certificates and store credits; along with wire transfers and purchase order processing with consistent follow-through. Management of and maintain a growing mail order direct mail and email contact lists.
- This role support all aspects of Black Diamond’s professional purchase program including customer service, order processing and fulfillment, application and credential management, roster and customer account maintenance.
- Have a creative touch? The Marketing Department would love assistance on BD’s website with proofing, copy writing, related gear selections, corrections, updates, sales and other promotions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team are desired depending on workload. Empowered and responsible to make management-type decisions when it comes to consumer satisfaction
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Required: 2-3 years of customer service and sales experience in the Outdoor industry with a minimum of 1 year of work experience in online and direct to consumer sales and email marketing.
Skills and General Experience
For this outward facing position, excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory. A technical knowledge of skiing, climbing and backpacking techniques and equipment is mandatory. Knowledge of company and competitor products is essential. Ability to multi-task projects and follow through to the finish without supervision is essential.
Benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability as well as other wellness benefits, and 401k. BD offers supplemental accident, hospital insurance and pet insurance. Relaxed dress code and a dog friendly office. If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy discounts on industry gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.