Manager of Customer Care
Posted by Hayes Performance Systems on 01/03/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Customer Service
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Hayes Performance Systems was founded in 1946 as HH Products, a Milwaukee manufacturer of parts for outboard motors and small engine components. Today, we are a multi-national business boasting world class operations in North America, Asia and Europe.
Since 2005, Hayes has offered a full portfolio of bicycle products and systems to service the needs of more than 250 original equipment bicycle manufacturers and enthusiasts worldwide. Hayes Bicycle Group includes a family of product lines including SUNringlé, Manitou, Wheelsmith, ProTaper, Reynolds and Hayes Brakes.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and a key member of the management team, the Manager of Customer Care is responsible for creating a positive customer experience in a variety of arenas including Customer Service, Inside Sales, and Tech & Warranty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the Customer Care group, ensuring accurate communications, proper order entry, shipping and being responsive to customer inquiries via the web page or phone.
- Manage the Tech & Warranty group, addressing quality issues for OEM’s, distributors, retailers and end users.
- Document all quality issues and coordinate corrective action with engineering, product management, sales & marketing as well as manufacturing or suppliers.
- Develop and manage the budget for above departments.
- Evaluates and coordinates workflow and activities to achieve expected call center volume.
- Oversee departmental communications between CCR's and management staff with regards to policy/procedure changes, market updates and product/marketing initiatives.
- Field problem calls and escalated calls from CCR's and ensure issues are resolved quickly and accurately. Requires in-depth knowledge of bicycle products, retail landscape, market trends, competitors and services.
- Ensure proper training of each CCR. Monitor live and recorded calls providing constructive feedback in a timely manner. Coordinate efforts to improve quality of service in the department.
- Coach and mentor the team while maintaining departmental standards.
- Establish and ensure performance metrics are realistic and goals are achieved.
- Prepare and deliver department performance evaluations objectively and in a timely manner.
Experience in the bicycle industry is strongly preferred.
Sound and broad business acumen with the ability to rapidly solve customer inquiries.
Ability to manage and interact with diverse business divisions, functional departments and global markets, including Europe and Asia.
Highly organized, excellence in problem solving, account ownership, multi-tasking, comfortable leading others, and able to drive process improvement.
General knowledge and comfort working with basic software programs such as MS Office as well as ERP and CRM systems.