Posted by NEMO Equipment, Inc. on 09/18/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Management, Management - Sales, Merchandising, Operations, Purchasing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 +
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
NEMO is growing fast and demand for our innovative outdoor gear has never been higher. To ensure that we can continue to provide great service to our distributors, retail partners, and end consumers, we’re seeking an experienced Demand Planning Manager to join our team.
NEMO is located in a newly refurbished and repurposed mill building in downtown Dover, NH. We are a team of dedicated outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, hikers, bikers, surfers, kayakers, skiers, and snowboarders and we love to get outside and use the gear that NEMO makes. Well-behaved dogs are welcome.
Sure, you’ve got to bring top notch demand planning skills to the role, but also a passion for the outdoors, great people, great products, and a job well done. Send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you will be an especially great addition to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mission & Scope:
The primary function of this position is to develop and manage the global demand plan to optimally balance sales, service, and inventory requirements. The Demand Planning Manager will create and maintain a demand forecast model by sales channel, product category, and SKU for the NEMO business, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer POS data, and other sources. This position leads a monthly forecast review with the sales channel managers and customer service team to review and update demand forecast model assumptions in a continuous effort to improve forecast accuracy and the overall demand planning process. Additional responsibilities include sales and inventory analysis and reporting to identify sales opportunities and manage inventory levels.
This position reports to the COO and interfaces with all functions and levels of the NEMO organization, as well as with sales reps, distributors, and key retailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- to optimally balance sales, service, and inventory requirements.
- Lead monthly forecast reviews with NEMO stakeholders to report and investigate variances.
- Adjust forecast model assumptions based on new information in a continuous effort to improve forecast accuracy and the overall demand planning process.
- Implement any forecast changes resulting from the forecast review.
- Identify and lead the implementation of opportunities to improve forecast accuracy.
- With the sales team and channel managers, establish a set of rules for “consuming the forecast” and for accepting sales orders for forecasted and un-forecasted demand.
- Strong and direct experience with demand planning, sales forecasting, sales analysis, inventory management, business planning, and reporting.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, with a mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented, but able to present the big picture.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships and to influence business decisions with internal and external partners.
- Must read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Job responsibilities and job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals as it deems necessary for proper business operations.