Web Developer for Far Bank
Posted by Far Bank Enterprises on 09/20/2019
Industry Sector: Fishing, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Web
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment
City: Bainbridge Island, WA
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Far Bank Enterprise is seeking a Web Developer to join our Technology team on Bainbridge Island in Washington state. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things related to web and would appreciate the advantages of working with a small, agile, multi-disciplined team.
Who is Far Bank?
Far Bank manages 4 of the leading brands in fly fishing - Sage, Redington, RIO Products and Fly Water Travel. If you are looking for a collaborative work place in an outdoorsy environment, then this may just be the right fit for you. As a Web Developer on the Marketing team, you will develop and maintain our consumer and industry pro websites. You will be working with internal teams, including brand managers, IT, and Sales to build exceptional consumer experiences on our sites. This position is located on Bainbridge Island and reports to the Web Platform Manager.
Far Bank Enterprises houses the most forward-thinking fly fishing brands in the market. Through disruptive expression, innovation and quality performance products, we change the paradigm of fly fishing. Far Bank's mission is to deepen and cultivate the fly angler's enthusiasm for fly fishing through products, stories and activities relevant to their outdoor lifestyle.
This Full Time Position is located on Bainbridge Island which is nestled between the Olympic & Cascade mountains of Washington. Bainbridge is an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts looking for quick weekend getaways that include, fishing, hiking, or camping.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a part of the Far Bank Technology Team and reporting to the Director of Technology, you will help develop and maintain our industry pro and consumer-facing websites. You will be working with internal teams including our Marketing Brand Managers to bring their vision to our customers through our brand websites. To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a collaborative environment and driven to create the best possible website experience for our customers.
- Develop and maintain Far Bank web properties, including consumer sites and industry pro site
- Work with Technology Project Manager and brand Managers to plan new website functionality and experiences that support marketing and strategic initiatives
- Implement features based on designs supplied by outside design agencies, as well as develop custom experiences for internal consumption
- Build and deploy seasonal product updates
- Recommend and implement UX improvements based on industry best practices, user feedback, and site analytics
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated experience building and troubleshooting cloud-based web apps
- Experience building responsive web sites on modern browsers and devices - desktop, tablets & phones
- Familiarity with server-side software, preferably Node.js, or ASP.Net, PHP
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, AJAX, HTTP, JSON
- Experience with frameworks like Backbone, or other MVC frameworks
- Proficiency in modern software development processes, including build tools and modern version control software, specifically Git
- Experience with integrating third party libraries, such Lodash.js, RequireJS and GruntJS
- Strong communication skills
- Likes collaborating with internal teams
- Experience with Prototyping, Wireframing or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Understanding of agile development processes
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Familiarity with a popular
content management system or e-commerce system
HOW TO APPLY?
Cover letters and resumes are to be submitted on-line at www.farbank.com/careers