SITKA® Gear Product Developer
Posted by Sitka Gear on 12/05/2019
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Apparel, Design - Engineer
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: Gore’s pioneering contributions to the science of comfort and protection create fabrics for a range of activities and conditions. Learn More.
About the Role: W. L. Gore is looking for a Product Developer to join our SITKA team in Bozeman, Montana. This Associate will support the design and manufacturing of specialty products from ideation to commercialization.
- Managing technical development of assigned styles from design concept through to production-ready hand-off, ensuring both fit and technical engineering meets or exceeds expectation
- Being a creative thinker and able to engineer to create innovative solutions that scale to production
- Supporting development and manufacturing of products (largely within a US supply chain)
- Partnering with Designers to understand fit intent and aesthetic ensuring translation into proto samples
- Capturing and detailing all product materials/construction information, and maintaining Bill of Materials (BOM) and Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) information that will result in efficient raw material purchasing and accurately produced finished product
- Ensuring the continuous integrity of product specifications in PLM, including materials, patterns, markers, grading information, size charts, technical drawings, and other critical data
- Managing the pattern creation process and ensuring that fit and quality standards are achieved in a timely fashion
- Managing the calendar and development process including costing, quality evaluation, fabric, yarn, trim and color standards, and approval requirements
- Managing prototypes; sample and production approvals to ensure quality standards as well as on time deliveries
- Developing products, recommending materials, and construction techniques that meet design expectations and engineer the product to pre-determined gross margin targets, FOB including pre-cost estimates, first costs through to final cost. Identifying materials and construction technology that supports design vision and product requirements. Providing solutions as necessary
- Coordinating with Sales, Production, Marketing, and Design departments on all sampling requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a product developer of technical outdoor apparel, to include hands-on experience with garment construction, patterns, and textiles
- Solid working knowledge of design-platform software, including Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word and Excel, and hands-on experience with a Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) system
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Managing multiple projects within different product lines
- Operating under minimal supervision and meeting all deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deadline driven with a track record for delivering great results on time
- Demonstrated initiative and a strong work ethic
- Undergraduate degree related to apparel design, development, or manufacturing
- Experience in Spec driven businesses with largely US based supply chain
- Knowledge of textile material specifications and associated printing, treatments, and coatings
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Health & Well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
About Sitka Gear
SITKA Gear exists to elevate the standard against which all other hunting brands are measured in product design, content authenticity, customer service, and environmental stewardship.
We engineer gear to solve problems plaguing our core users. We create authentic media to inspire, delight, and enlighten hunters.
We provide excellent customer service. We stand up for our dealers, who in return make our customers' lives easier. We invest in efficient organizations that improve the future of hunting, wildlife, habitat health, and public access.
We embrace the global initiatives of Gore-Tex® to implement ecologically sound and socially responsible textile manufacturing practices.