Director of Product Management and Marketing - Apparel
Posted by Bemis Associates, Inc on 01/27/2020
Industry Sector: Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand, Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 +
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
This is a senior management position that provides leadership to the Marketing and Product Management functions in our market leading Apparel business. Manages and directs product and marketing strategies and plans. Collaborates with other functional areas and regions to develop new products and/or customer strategies that drive growth with both existing and new customers. Key leader in developing overall business strategy for our Apparel business.
- Develop annual product line management, product development and marketing communications strategy, objectives and execution plans.
- Lead new product development efforts working with engineering and operational leaders to drive on-time delivery of projects to market.
- Build, develop and manage product and marcom teams capable of carrying out needed product and marketing strategies.
- Actively review product lifecycle and value engineering projects to help drive engineering and operational teams to optimize gross margins.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Director of Sales & Customer Service – Apparel.
- Work with finance and sales leadership to develop pricing and program strategies.
- Provide leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements as we pursue buy, build, partner strategies.
- Provide leadership and support for the design, development and implementation of new product and service offerings.
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses and voice of customer.
= Manage marketing services including development and distribution of all marketing collateral.
= Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
= Establish and maintain employee performance standards.
= Work with employees to set goals and define development needs.
= Provide ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
= Perform other similar and related duties as required
Requirements (minimum acceptable and/or preferred):
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred or bachelor's degree in a related technical field. MBA Preferred.
= Senior management experience
= 10 + years of demonstrated success in marketing and product management positions of increasing responsibility.
= Knowledge and understanding of product and marketing strategy
= Knowledge and understanding of apparel and advanced materials products, markets, channels and value chain.
= Proven ability to formulate financial/operating plans and drive actual results of business to meet plan.
= Excellent management skills, timely decision making, effective delegation needed to ensure goals are achieved and financial objectives are met.
= Superb business judgment coupled with strong strategic planning and analytic skills, as well as a proven capacity for rendering cost-conscious, objective business decisions
= Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.
= Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
= Must foster open communication and support an environment of innovation and creative change. Able to work effectively in a team and/or matrix management environment
This position requires travel both nationally and internationally up to 25%.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.