Velofix is Hiring Service Technicians
Posted by Velofix Bay Area on 08/03/2020
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: Service, Retail
City: San Francisco
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Velofix Bay Area is hiring in San Francisco for a Full-Time bicycle mechanic position - (Relocation and training offered)
At Velofix, this is so much more than a standard bike mechanic. We see this role as the face of our local brand, someone who is constantly encouraging people to get out on their bikes more and the person making sure our company is well represented every day.
The daily task list can be very broad. You would be responsible for managing the Mobile Bike Shop, visiting riders at their home or work, servicing their bikes, doing bike fits, building bikes and making deliveries, and doing your best to answer every question our riders might have.
If this sounds like your jam, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT WE'RE BRINGING TO YOU:
• Top 10% Hourly Pay - we monitor local industry standards to make sure we’re paying in the top 10%.
• Keep all your gratuities - when customers offer tips, it’s all yours.
• Monthly fitness allowance - we’re in full support of you doing more cycling-specific events: races, rides, triathlons.
• Product discounts
• A robust training plan
• Flexible hours
• All tools are provided by Velofix
• Free uniforms
• Internal support team that is super fast, friendly, and ready to help you solve any issue
• Career growth - your development is important to our long-term success
• Secure, non-seasonal employment
WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING TO US:
• You love talking bikes, gear, etc with others regardless of their level and expertise
• Strong work ethic...and a commitment to be fully engaged when you are at work
• Positive attitude
• Self-motivated...we’re trusting you to do you but at the same time, do the right thing
• Effective at communicating ideas
• Flexibility and a desire to learn
• Experience and competency
SOME THINGS THAT COULD GIVE YOU A LEG UP:
• You’re a cyclist (mountain, road, casual, commuter....we love it all)
• Deep experience working in a bike shop as a technician, salesperson, or manager
• Proficiency with the most common industry components like Shimano, SRAM, Fox, Rockshox, etc.
• Experience with bike assembly, wheel building/truing, or E-bike maintenance
• You already live/work in San Francisco
SOME REQUIREMENTS WE HAVE:
• You have a clean driving record
• You’re open to a background check
• Positively and joyfully engage all customers as their trusted cycling advisor and problem solver - this applies to all forms of communication; in person, email, over the phone, text, etc.
• Conduct general bicycle maintenance, assembly and delivery, personalized repair and/or parts and accessory installation as per customer specifications
• Provide technical support for local cycling events and corporate accounts from time to time.
• Execute and report on all use of “non-scheduled time” used to market our services, partners, and capabilities
• Maintain accurate record of all expenses
• Miscellaneous tasks to support our business: gear inventory receiving/shipping, Mobile Bike Shop prep and cleanliness, etc
• Occasionally act as a delivery driver - we build and deliver bikes
• Minimum age: 21
• Must have physical ability to lift 50 lbs
• Current driver’s license and good driving record
• Be able to “speak bike”
• Impeccable driving etiquette
• Thorough working knowledge of modern carbon road bikes, Di2 shifting, hydraulic disc brakes, suspension, e-bikes, etc
• Good time management, knowing how to triage multiple requests according to urgency, etc
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Velofix prides itself in providing exceptional customer service
ABOUT VELOFIX BAY AREA:
Velofix Bay Area was launched in 2016 with a shared passion for cycling and the common belief that bicycles can help change the world. Since then, we have grown exponentially into a profitable business with thousands of customers who love the convenience of our mobile model and expert services provided by our local team.
Velofix has been featured in the New York Times and recognized on Entrepreneur Magazine’s rankings for Franchise 500, Fastest Growing Franchises and Top New Franchises and won the 2018 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
$1000 signing bonus paid after first 4 months of employment.
Sound interesting? Let's talk.
Know others who may be interested? Please forward.