Rope Course Aerial Adventure Guide
Posted by The Raptor Aerial Adventures @ Wheeler Lake KOA on 10/14/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.)
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Business Phone: 2562804390
Job Type: Hourly
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Would include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Successfully complete The Raptor Aerial Adventure training program
-Lead guests on guided rope course tours
-Maintain trails and grounds accompanying the rope course
-Perform required inspections of all equipment as scheduled
-Perform required inspections of course components as scheduled
-Teach our guests how to operate all equipment involved in the rope course
-Display proficiency in rescue procedures
Additional duties may include assisting the KOA team with cleaning, delivering firewood, rental of kayaks, canoes, electric bikes etc.
-Operate off road vehicles and golf carts
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
Must be able to resolve any issues regarding guests in relation to the program
Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on safety, job knowledge and awareness of company goals
Able to remain calm and make quick decisions in emergency rescue scenario
- While performing this job the employee must be comfortable working at height in the trees
- Employee will be wearing a harness for several hours at a time during their shift
- Working with various power tools including but not limited to chainsaws, drills, etc.
- Excellent physical dexterity and fine motor skills to operate all gear in a variety of weather conditions
- Must have the ability to use hands for utilization of ropes and equipment to meet all climbing and safety needs, including tying of knots, adjusting harnesses, operating carabiners and other equipment
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance including occasional spotting
- Must be prepared for other demanding physical challenges, including hiking and carrying heavy loads
- Must be able to consistently lift up to 45 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs. Must be able to lift your own weight while in the rope course.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle or golf cart
Wheeler Lake KOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees must pass a background check and drug test.
About The Raptor Aerial Adventures @ Wheeler Lake KOA
We are a 95 acre campground, with 54 RV sites, 3 cabins, and an incredible aerial rope park, right on the Tennessee River in north Alabama - great canoeing and boating activities, and nearby hiking trails