Store Manager - Quebec, Canada
Posted by Helly Hansen on 10/19/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
City: Mount Tremblant
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
We provide high quality, protective technical gear for work, survival, and sport. We work and play in the harshest environments on the planet to learn what's needed to create the best performance gear possible. We work closely with people who work and/or play outdoors more days than they are indoors to continuously optimize the technology and design of our products. YOU'RE NOT ALIVE SINCE THE DAY YOU WERE BORN. YOU'RE ALIVE SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU TRULY FELT SOMETHING. We are seeking an experienced Store Manager.
This is a really fun, challenging, and dynamic environment where you will get an opportunity to demonstrate your experience alongside an outstanding and supportive team. Providing nothing short of the best customer experience is our primary goal. The store manager is responsible for all local hiring and firing decisions, training in both product and sales skills, raises, and promotions . They are also responsible for the local marketing campaign and spending their marketing money in a manner that suits the Helly Hansen Brand and drives traffic to their location. In addition, they will be responsible for ordering product to the location, maintaining stock levels, and determining the sale prices of their outlet product. The manager is to be an active team member in what Helly Hansen aims be the most modern, high performing, and respected retail organization in the outdoor and sports industry.
Scope of the position
The store managers are Helly Hansen's primary point of contact for their store and/or market and are multi-functional resources to develop and deploy the business plans for their region and Helly Hansen Retail overall. They are responsible for understanding, influencing, and implementing all HR, Product, Pricing, Merchandising, Training, and Marketing decisions for their location in conjunction with rules and standards set forward by Helly Hansen North America.
1. Fully accountable for the store's performance and profitability. Every Store Manager is responsible for :
- Sales Targets achieved on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Gross Margin Goals achieved on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Payroll goals achieved on a monthly basis. · Marketing Spend on an annual basis.
- Bi-annual inventory results · All controllable expenses.
- Year Ending EBITDA performance.
- Recommending budgets for the upcoming year
2. Customer Service and Technical Product Training: Every Store Manager is responsible for : ·
- Hiring and maintaining all positions in the store.
- Training each staff member in basic sales training.
- Training each staff member in all systems and procedures.
- Training each staff member on all product knowledge for products in the store.
- Determining the correct scheduling of staff to maximize both payroll spent and customer service needed.
- This position will have additional customer service responsibilities to include customers calling in for support for warranty claims, returns, etc
3. Product: Every Store Manager is responsible for:
- Ordering new product from the warehouse and maintaining product levels.
- Working with the buyer to determine seasonal needs and future product forecasts.
- Determining the markdown strategy for the store while maintaining sales margin goals.
- Determining and implementing the promotions that are used in the store.
- Determining and implementing the merchandising plan for the store and maintaining corporate standards.
- Insuring that all loss prevention policies are adhered to and that the store maintains its targeted amount of acceptable product loss to theft.
4. Human Resources: Every Store Manager is responsible for:
- Hiring all staff for their location.
- Taking corrective or disciplinary action as needed under the direction of the HR department.
- Completing performance reviews for all staff.
- Recommending promotions for staff.
- Recommending pay increases for staff. Firing, if necessary.
5. Marketing: Every Store Manager is responsible for:
- Driving customers to their store through advertisements and promotions.
- Determining in-store promotions
- Looking for additional outside sales and event opportunities to involve their store in.
- Execution of all required in store campaigns
Experience / Skills Required
- The ability to provide the highest level of customer service to a diverse clientele and ensure that the customer experience is always outstanding.
- 3+ years of retail store experience in a supervisory or management position, preferably in the sporting goods or outdoor apparel industry
- The ability to work evenings, weekdays, weekends, holidays, and occasionally powder days
- Intrinsic self-motivation and the drive to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- A passion for the outdoors
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- A history of thriving in a fast-paced sales environment while continuing to provide a high level customer
Job Type: Full-time