Category Manager - Camping/Outdoor
Posted by E2E Inc. on 11/03/2020
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Account Executive, Ecommerce Management, Management - Brand, Product Analyst
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Within USA
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 55,000 - 70,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
E2E, Inc. is one of the World's fastest growing vertical online providers. We are now hiring a Category Manager for our expanding online Camping, Hunting, Fishing and/or Outdoor Recreation categories. This position will report to our VP and coordinate with our Global teams in support of our suppliers and also our customer's online selling platforms.
We are looking for a Category Manager to own the responsibility for hundreds of industry specific products for our company. You will be the one responsible for the category to maximize consumer appeal, sales and profitability.
Your industry experience and deep understanding of eCommerce platforms and expertise in product management will be a part of your duties. An excellent Category Manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the online retail enviornnment. You must have a commercial mindset and full comprehensive of marketing and sales principles.
Expectional communication skills are also key for Category Managers. The goal is to increase sales and profitability of our business to drive sustainable growth.
- Analyze data or insights to determine Camping, Hunting, Fishing or Outdoor Recreational products and consumer trends specific to the industry.
- Devise short-medium term product roadmap for the categories
- Work with sourcing and operations teams, develop sales forecasting and profit margins
- Foster trustworthy relationships with colleagues to acheive better product assortments and quality of service
- Liase with marketing and operations teams to deetermine competitive pricing and promotional activities of the product category
- Proven expertise in Camping, Hunting, Fishing or Outdoor Recreation products
- Solid knowledge of category managment, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of dta analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Education in Business Administration, marketing or related field