Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Part Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Come join our Sun & Ski family in the Mountains! We are looking for an enthusiastic , achievement motivated, ski and bike technician who has a passion for the outdoors. This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic leader who is passionate about what they do, and drive to be number one and to work in a team atmosphere. This person should have a solid technical understanding of the gear (skis, boots, bindings, bikes, and accessories).
- Determine customers' equipment needs.
- Perform quality tunes, mounting, adjustments and repairs to customers' equipment according to established guidelines.
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment.
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner.
- Ensure pricing is accurate, including any current advertised items and specials.
- Serve as knowledgeable resource to customers.
- Be familiar with the merchandise carried in the store, including brands, key features and benefits, as well as, ability to make accurate suggestions to customers.
- Remain current on ski industry products and trends to share knowledge with customers.
- Ensure you deliver exceptional Customer Service that is consistent and beyond expectations.
- Attend product knowledge clinics/camps
- Assist with visual presentation of merchandise and the store.
- Ensure that you are aware of current advertised items and specials
Note: Additional responsibilities may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- This person should have a solid technical understanding of the gear (skis, boots, bindings, bikes, and accessories).
- Experience selling skis, fitting ski boots, and custom boot work (preferred)
- Experience selling bikes, fitting bikes, and bike technical work
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong selling and customer service skills
- Preferred: Sales experience
- Preferred: Outdoor Enthusiast
**All prospective employees must submit to a criminal background check and drug screen.
Seasonal Sign-on Bonus $:
- $250 total for Part-Timer
- $500 total for Full Timer
-After 30 days from date of hire and ACTIVE & Continued employment, receive of the total (listed above) added to their paycheck as Bonus (i.e. $125 for the part-timer or $250 for Full Timer)
-After 60 days from date of hire and ACTIVE & Continued employment, receive remaining of the total (listed above) added to their paycheck as Bonus (i.e. $125 for the part-timer or $250 for Full Timer)