Industry Sector: Bike, Fishing, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Customer Service, Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.), Hospitality & Lodge Staff, Management, Management - Team, Operations, Outdoor Education, Outfitter- Adventure Travel Staff
Company Type: Gym/Outfitter, Recreation, Retailer, Service, TravelandTourism
City: West Glacier
Country: United States
Business Phone: 4063875555
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Title: Assistant Operations Manager
Status: Full Time or Seasonal DOE
Wage: DOE $25 - $35 per hour. 401k, Health Benefits possible
We are fun loving group of folks looking for some help managing our growing business!
Job Summary: This position is responsible to help implement Glacier Guides andMontana Raft’s operations including rafting, hiking, fishing, biking and lodging. The primary goal is for safely implementing spring, summer, fall, and possibly winter business for Glacier Guides and Montana Raft, Glacier Guides Lodge, and Glacier Guides Guest House. This position is based out of Glacier Guides’ main office at 11970 Highway 2 East, West Glacier, Montana.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Primary
- Constant on site review for the safety of operations and guest satisfaction.
- Help plan, and manage rafting, biking, fishing, equipment rentals, and shuttles in and aroundGlacier National Park.
- Assist with hiking and backpacking operations.
- Help develop the annual budget for operations.
- Manage and implement risk management plan.
- Help with social media.
- Help maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality personnel.
- Make sure that the organization’s philosophy, mission, and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Drive vehicles as needed.
- Manage support staff.
- May help plan new trips.
- May help work on building and property maintenance.
- May help manage vehicles and vehicle shuttles.
- May help manage staff for vehicle shuttles.
- May help cover office operations as needed; particularly phones and greeting guests
- May help represent Glacier Guides and Montana Raft at local events.
- May help with seasonal staff hiring, interviews, and reference checks - specifically raft guides,but may also include drivers, support staff, and hiking guides.
This is just a general outline, and will include other duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Previous experience guiding, 2 or more years prefered.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a multifunctional role and a fast-paced environment and successfully meetmultiple deadlines.
- Strong creative and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate, work well with others, and work independently.
- Excellent communication and people skills required.
- The ability to ensure quality guest service.
- Manage challenging situations and recommend effective solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to NPS and FS regulations as they pertain to our permits.
- Excellent knowledge of Glacier National Parks backcountry and surrounding river system is aplus.
- Comfortable making presentations to groups.
- Some travel is required.
- Valid U.S. commercial Driver's license.
- College degree is preferred.
Safety & Wellness:
It will be the responsibility of all team members to ensure that our guests enjoy a safe and risk-free environment. All team members must be on constant alert for any unsafe conditions and work behaviours. This will involve, but not be limited to, periodic inspections of work and public areas. Follow up notification will be done to correct the condition or practice at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 75 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Able to be seated at a desk and computer work station for extended periods of times daily.
- Ability to walk, hike, and be a passenger on a whitewater raft for 8 hours or more at a time.
- Job will require working weekends, holidays, and evenings during peak demand times.
- Non-smoking environment.This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revision by Glacier Guides, Inc. management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.
Glacier Guides and Montana Raft Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Application: A cover letter, resume, and 3 references are required. Anticipated start date is spring 2021.