Customer Support Specialist
Department: Marketing, Digital
Location: Louisville, CO (HQ)
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced and productive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people who are fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
PEARL iZUMi’s Customer Support Specialist is responsible for delivering exceptional service to our consumers via telephone, email, social messaging and live chat.
PEARL iZUMi feels strongly that to provide all PEARL iZUMi consumers with a digital experience that exceeds their expectations, we need to be in contact with our consumer base. For this position to optimize the consumer experience, a strong candidate must encompass the voice of the brand while truly understanding the consumer. Through thoughtful problem solving, active listening, and a positive outlook, this position will be able to provide quick resolutions for the customers’ needs.
This position will drive continuous improvement and excellence in all aspects of consumer facing customer service presence for PEARL iZUMi ecommerce. Among the duties this person will perform are the following:
• Ability to multitask between multiple tools and systems (knowledge base, team meetings, supervisor) and apply information and knowledge to customer situations.
• Ability to demonstrate functional skill in communicating and explaining basic account information to the customer regarding product information and customer account and order details via phone, email, and live chat
• Overcome concerns, resolving customer concerns through active listening, empathy, professionalism, and problem solving through phone, email, and live chat
• Respond to and resolve any customer issues within 24 hours with the greatest concern for maintaining a “customer for life”
• Extract and present meaningful, relevant customer service data to assist in strategic and tactical decision making
• Coordinate and manage consumer repairs and warranties in-house
• Assist with the management of the Pro Purchase Program
• Oversees online product reviews and questions
• Coordinates internal operational communication with distribution centers (warranty, returns and exchanges)
• Bachelor’s degree required or relevant experience
• 1+ years customer service experience, preferably in the outdoor industry
• 1+ years web/eCommerce experience
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines and tracking tasks
• Ability to translate customer feedback into business solutions
• Ability to learn programs, platforms, and systems quickly and independently
• Ability to make decisions in high pressure situations
• Microsoft Office, with strong skills in Excel
• Attention to detail
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to collaborate and share ideas within the team
• Thorough understanding of internet operations
• A passion for serving customers, both internal and external
• Cycling/outdoors enthusiast
• Must be willing to travel (1-2 trips annually)
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
• Experience with Shopify Plus
• Experience with ERP systems
• Experience with Yotpo Reviews
• Experience in outdoor and/or bike industry
• Aptitude to talk about outdoor hard and soft goods at a technical level
• No backend work is required, this is not an IT or development position
• Must be able to travel, 1-2 trips annual
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.