Team Lead, Customer Experience
Posted by Roadpost on 09/09/2021
Industry Sector: Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service, Management - Team, Operations
Company Type: Accessories
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
Having recently launched in Canada, the USA and Australia, ZOLEO Inc. is looking for an exceptional Team Lead to help launch the newly formed global Customer Experience team. A joint venture between two leaders in the mobile satellite sector, Roadpost Inc. of Toronto, Canada and Beam Communications of Melbourne, Australia, ZOLEO has met with early success winning multiple innovation awards and enjoying rapid subscriber growth. The company is now looking to expand its global reach and the Team Lead, Customer Experience will be pivotal to assisting with various customer-focused expansion efforts into new markets. You’ll have an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial company and help take it to the next level.
The position will be part of globally distributed, virtual (work from home) team, reporting directly to the Director of Customer Experience in Canada. The Team Lead, Customer Experience will manage a team of front-line Customer Experience Representatives that support customers across ZOLEO’s current markets in North America (US, Canada), Asia-Pacific (Australia and New Zealand) and Europe. This position will be primarily focused on our North American customers, with a supporting role for team members and customers in other markets. The role’s objective is to drive consistencies and efficiencies while improving customer service level standards through training, coaching, process improvement, streamlined communications, staff oversight and accountability. The Team Lead will also be required to interact directly with ZOLEO customers, in a front-line capacity.
You bring experience leading and coaching small to medium sized teams in the customer service industry, preferably supporting technology products or services. Knowledge of customer support operating principles, including shift and schedule management, ticketing workflows, customer support KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and escalation processes are critical.
The ideal candidate is a curious, forward-looking, customer-centric team lead with 3 or more years of experience operating at a senior agent or team lead level. Not only do you have the discipline to understand support KPIs, but you have also used them to drive continuous improvement and performance outcomes, leading to exceptional customer experiences.
As this is a foundational role for the newly established global Customer Support team, we are looking for a “roll up your sleeves” type individual that is willing and able to action a high number of tickets on a daily basis as necessary, but also contribute to planning, development and coaching initiatives as we scale and grow the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global brand and impact growth -- helping it scale into a truly global business that is known for delivering a best-in-class customer experience. The chosen candidate will be part of a high-performing team that will be undergoing tremendous growth over the next few years.
This position can be performed anywhere in North America in Eastern Time Zone.
- Assist in developing key operational guiding principles and documentation, including SLAs, KPIs, and more
- Function as a frontline customer support representative as necessary and action incoming support tickets (phone, email, social media and chat) to support ZOLEO customers as the Customer Experience team grows. Utilize direct experience and observation from interactions with ZOLEO customers to inform and optimize ZOLEO customer support operations. Act as an escalation point for more complex customer issues and questions
- Assist in implementing new customer support systems and platforms, including Zendesk and an internal Customer Support Portal
- Act as a ZOLEO subject matter expert by learning about the product, service and troubleshooting procedures, as well as identify opportunities to improve on customer facing and internal product resources
- Develop robust training programs and documentation for future ZOLEO Customer Experience hires
- Maintain direct dialogue with other ZOLEO teams and business functions (Product, Finance, etc.) to ensure seamless and timely communication across the business
- Develop and maintain support content, including knowledge base articles, chat bot flows, and more.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years of customer support or customer service experience, preferably with at least 1+ year in a team lead role.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English. Other languages would be an asset (French, Spanish, German)
- Proven track record of driving positive KPI and SLA metrics in a customer service capacity
- Experience in managing high volume of customer inquiries across different channels, including phone queues, live chat and email
- Experience and comfort using technology in the course of your work, including customer support platforms such as Zendesk, CRMs, etc. Overall comfort and confidence with technology.
- Experience with supporting software/technology products or services, including mobile iOS and Android based apps is strongly preferred. Experience supporting hardware products is considered a strong asset.
- Content creation and technical writing experience is considered a strong asset
- Strong leadership skills and acumen, comfortable managing distributed, virtual teams across different time zones and locales. Experience with mentoring and coaching customer support agents and maximizing your team’s efficiency and outcomes.
- Experience in creating and maintaining team schedules, especially global teams. Experience with budgeting resources for support teams is considered a strong asset.
- Experience with interacting with customers on social channels (Facebook, Twitter) is considered a strong asset.
- Employ a customer-focused mindset in everything you do. Highly empathic and patient individual
- Experience and comfort working within fast-paced teams and environments. Able to work autonomously and manage your (and your teams) day-to-day priorities dynamically as needed.
- Outstanding attention to detail and quality. Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
What we Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Quarterly bonus
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Health & dental benefits
- Work remotely