Product Service Technician
Posted by SCARPA North America, Inc. on 09/09/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Part Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The Product Service Technician’s (PST) primary responsibility is to perform ski boot repairs and ski boot parts with guidance from the Product Services Coordinator (PSC). This includes on-site repair & customer service communication. The PST is a specialist position tasked with consultation and repair of SCARPA’s high performing touring, tour-lite, skimo, and telemark products; in addition to climbing, high-altitude and mountaineering (alpinism), trail running, trail, and urban outdoor products. The PST also assists the Product Service Rep and PSC in responding to inboxes and phone communication, resole and service center partnerships, and other service and seasonal operations. This is a part time position requiring 10-20 hours a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Timely completion of ski boot repairs, service evaluations, and conclusion of service requests
- Communicate technical features, benefits, and intended use information in relation to specific products
- Positive and efficient communication with customers via phone and email to the SCARPA N.A. (SNA) retail dealers, retail employees, professional users, and direct consumers
- Coordination with PSC to assess claims and produce return authorizations
- Execute activities and documentation essential to assessment and repair as directed by PSC
- Complete inbound and outbound procedures according to internal processes, documentation, and any necessary external communication
- Work with Product Services Coordinator to assess and repair SCARPA and other SNA distributed products as necessary (internal or contracted repair work)
- Competence with office computers and operating systems (NetSuite, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Research document status, product availability, credit status, and account status in relation to return authorizations, sales orders, credit memos, item receipt, and item fulfillment
- Ability to show, sell and use SCARPA products, programs, and equipment
- Travel as necessary to accomplish the sales and service goals of the division and corporation
- Participate in company directed activities to accomplish the goals of the company
- Participate in sales meetings, line meetings and trade shows as appropriate
- Assist PSC and other SNA department to promote process-based productivity and quality of service
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (following duties are required on all positions):
· Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of SNA’s electronic communication software.
· Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
· Uphold SNA’s core values and mission statement and business goals.
· Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by Product Service Coordinator.
· Maintain technical knowledge by attending sales meetings and product meetings.
· Conduct self according to SNA’s policies/Handbook.
Internal: SNA Administrative and Sales staff, Executive Team, Purchasing, Logistics, Warehouse, Marketing Services, Quality Assurance, Finance
External: SNA Dealer Network, Professional and Institutional customers and end consumers. External repair centers and partners.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Prior Ski shop repair work
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
· Passport, Valid Drivers License
· Lifting to 50lbs. Occasional light to strenuous hiking, backpacking, climbing and skiing.
· Warehouse, trade show booth environments, travel (domestic and international) and work hours as needed to accomplish goals.
· SNA’s office, warehouse, and shop is a focused but relaxed space with a high-standard of productivity, matched by an emphasis on work/life balance. A variety of benefits are designed to give employees access to the resources and activities at the core of our company culture.
· This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Additional duties may be assigned at any time. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise the job description at any time.