e-Products Category Manager
Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 01/19/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Be the category champion for the assigned products ensuring organizational alignment regarding our target consumers and trends, marketplace landscape including competition and retail channel and product strategy with responsibility for defining critical features, costing and delivery targets. Developing successful products that are delivered on time to meet sales margin goals. Maintaining excellent knowledge of competitors and industry trends. Communicating product features/benefits clearly to broad audience of external and internal customers. Collaborating with sales, finance, purchasing, marketing and creative departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the strategy, projects and timelines from which the resource departments and team members can execute the on-time & on-target delivery of innovative market leading product and alert team members to actions.
- Manage BOM’s/Specification, negotiating costs, and work with markets on optimal retail pricing.
- Present product vision, features, and functionality to sales and externally to retailers.
- Manage the execution of new product initiatives and/or core product improvements from inception to market launch.
- Conduct competitive analysis to understand the market and key opportunities to differentiate product:
- Develop product requirements
- Compiling and disseminating competitor product information
- Work with Marketing to define the consumer target, positioning, key benefits and features and retail target price
- Lead and execute product specification ensuring the product is innovative, class leading and appropriate for tomorrow’s consumer
- Lead the intercompany product line management and related product workflow tasks
- Actively participate in research and share insights with the cross-functional teams
- Providing technical information to sales, purchasing, brand managers
- Work closely with ID, engineering, our Asian development team and QA on executing the product
- Communicating clearly and timely with overseas suppliers
- Lead product development activities associated with the product launch
- Delivering accurate samples for photo shoots
- Track project timeline and ensure team is hitting key milestones
- Guide development of product packaging, partnering with Design Team
- Partner with Marketing to develop selling story for channel partners
- Manage product life cycle post launch, including tracking product performance
- Collaborating with warranty and customer service staff to resolve technical issues
- Assisting sales with clinics, training, store visits, etc.
- Identifying product improvements or next generation product
- Assist in the development and execution of the global warranty and service parts product line list. Including identifying key service parts, item creation, material master set up, and inventory forecasting
No supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in consumer product management This position will require approximately 5% domestic travel and minimal international travel. Must be able to obtain a valid passport.
Proven strong project management skills include acting as the leader with ability to influence a cross-functional team along with a strong customer service mindset, strategic thinking and planning skills. Must have solid decision making and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail. Ability to compile, analyze and establish facts and prepare recommendations.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including the ability to use Pivot Tables and proficient in business ERP systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations