Customer Support Tech for Ascend (remote) - Trek Bikes
Posted by Trek Bicycle Corporation on 01/21/2022
Industry Sector: Bike, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer
State: AL, AK, AB, AZ, AR, BC, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NB, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NF, NC, ND, NS, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PI, QC, RI, SA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, DC, WV, WI, WY
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Join us in changing the world through bikes!
Apply to be a Customer Support Tech (remote): https://trekbikes.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TREK/job/Waterloo-Wisconsin/Customer-Support-Tech_Trek100516/?source=Bicycle_Industry_Jobs
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
In our Ascend department, we aid in this crusade by providing bicycle shops with the greatest tool to thrive in retail: powerful software from a partner who cares. Our Retail Management Solution records sales, captures customer data, and provides detailed reporting. We provide integrated solutions for payment processing, ecommerce, and NPS customer loyalty. Best of all, we answer the phones when our customers call.
As a Customer Support Tech, you will become an Ascend expert for our customers. You will educate our retailers on best practices and alleviate technical issues relating to Ascend, hardware, networking, and Windows. You will exceed our customers’ expectations by proactively eliminating future problems. Phones will be your main communication tool, but email, remote connections, and personal visits will also be utilized. Rock star candidates are proactive teammates who enjoy troubleshooting and crave customer interaction. This position will be open to remote workers. We only reserve seats for rock stars on our Awesome Bus. Are you ready to ride?
- Answer all questions related to Ascend and escalate when needed.
- Guide our customers to success through empowering them with Ascend training.
- Document all customer support history to help eliminate issues in the program.
- Create, review and maintain our training and support resources.
- Sell hardware and supplies to our customers and place related orders.
- Assist with the installation of Ascend for new customers. Travel on-site as needed.
- Customer Service experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A two-year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft products, Windows, Office programs, and networking. SQL Server experience a plus!
- A quiet space to work and a fast, reliable Wi-Fi or ethernet connection
- Be a team-oriented, fun-loving, and proactive Rock Star!
• Flexible and fun company culture
• Competitive health care
• PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
• Competitive vacation package
• 401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
• 12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
• Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
• Employee discounts on all product
• Deep partner retail discounts
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we continue to take extra steps and precautions to keep our employees and customers safe. We are now requiring that all employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated with the exception of a medical or religious exemption.