Planning Analyst (Bozeman, Montana)
Posted by Oboz Footwear on 05/31/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Operations
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Kaci Norberg
Contact Phone: 13038758101
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Oboz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Our home, Bozeman, Montana, is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and is what motivates us to lace up daily to explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. Bozeman also inspired our name: Outside + Bozeman = Oboz. The four points of our compass—People, Community, Foot and Experience—guide everything we do in staying “True to the Trail.” We also plant a tree for every pair of footwear sold, and have since our beginning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering local and national non-profits to find feet in need.
We are currently seeking a Planning Analyst to support our operations team!
As a member of the Operations team, the Planning Analyst is responsible for procuring supply to meet service and inventory objectives and developing a forward-looking forecast that will be utilized for capacity and inventory planning. You will work with cross functional teams to ensure on time deliveries from vendors and to customers and complete root cause analysis when they are late. The Planning Analyst maintains a proper inventory mix based on forecast/order book and works with sales to facilitate disposing of excess and distressed inventories.
The primary functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Recommend and execute product purchases based upon demand inputs and other crucial supply planning criteria (current inventory levels, vendor & supplier capacity, minimums, and buy readiness).
- Continually monitor demand needs and supply timing to identify issues and opportunities. Adjust supply timing as needed to improve service to customers and / or meet inventory objectives.
- Develop a forward looking, consensus driven, unit-based demand forecast, incorporating and balancing inputs from Supply Planning, Finance, Sales, and Product Development.
- Establishes and maintains a process to measure customer, retailer, and independent sales representative satisfaction, which includes building strong relationships and rapport.
- Provide all levels of the organization with updated forecasts, including ongoing analysis and interpretation of data.
- Closely partner with cross functional stakeholders to ensure delivery of product, appropriate inventory levels are held, and meet monthly financial objectives.
- Participate in key projects to evolve supply chain capabilities.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Be an active participant in the evaluation, selection and implementation of planning processes, tools, and systems.
- Act as the owner of master data for the Operations team including the creation and maintenance of the style master and seasonal data within the ERP system.
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university.
- Hands on experience with ERP systems.
Ability to understand, assess, & problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills. Advanced Excel skills, proven ability to multitask effectively, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment. The ability to effectively perform in a fast-growth environment, strong time management and priority setting skills, excellent verbal, and written skills.
Company Social Responsibility
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values.
- Embrace opportunities to introduce new, sustainable ideas for innovation.
- Support the promotion of human rights throughout the business.
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook and support company efforts in all environmental, social and governance (ESG) actions.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors, and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand, and we want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter "Planning Analyst" in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About Oboz Footwear
Oboz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Oboz.
True to the Trail, and the four points of our compass; our people, your foot, the community, and the experience, guide everything we do.