The Duck Company, Inc
About The Duck:
Chances are high you’ve encountered Duck Company apparel in a store or have one of our t-shirts in your closet already!
Our brand has been producing experience based graphic apparel & accessories that Celebrate Adventure for over 33 years. Our products CELEBRATE ADVENTURE and allow adventurers to share their unique experiences. Travelers discover us at independent shops and experience-based retailers throughout North America and the Caribbean. We encourage people to get out and find us, EVERYWEAR! We believe that every person is an adventurer & every adventure deserves to be celebrated. Our products inspire people to smile, connect and share™ these experiences. Come celebrate adventure™ with us!
About the Role:
The Duck Company is seeking a highly driven results-oriented Associate Territory Manager who will engage in strategic partnership development and execution of The Duck’s sales and brand strategy within existing territories and accounts across North America, and the Caribbean.
The ideal candidate will be able to create and execute a sales plan that is geared toward a customer and across a defined territory. Must be eager to work in a fast-paced sales environment, which includes planning, telling a holistic story, traveling to the markets, and driving sell-through. You will join a collaborative team who will provide resources and tools to help elevate additional opportunities.
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off
- 10 paid holidays
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance with company paid portion
- 401K Matching
- Dog friendly workplace
- Kitchen stocked with free snacks and drinks
- Casual office environment
Salary Range: Base Salary of $35,000 + Commission– (start with well-established current accounts) with an annual earning potential $60,000 - $95,000 within your first year, no caps'. Additional $2000 per month Training Stipend during your first ninety days.
What you’ll do:
- This position requires 50% travel time visiting customers in market
- Collaborate with regional sales directors and other sales team members to develop and execute the sales plan for each customer with a region/territory.
- Increase revenue and market share with existing customers in defined territory
- Assess customers’ business needs and advise on best solutions
- Overcome customer objections or concerns as necessary
- Creates and submits sales orders.
- Seek out and close new business opportunities
- Use creative and persistent methods to prospect and generate new business opportunities
- Serve as a consultative resource to customers regarding service offerings, market trends, industry standards and effectively provide quotes considering all variable factors
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- The willingness to learn the DUCK WAY of selling and working with customers.
Who you are:
- Our Duck values: Growth, Creative Mindset, and Give a $*%!, confirm this is the place for you!
- Dare to Win: Focus on 'we' over 'me'. Team-oriented, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts
- Care Passionately About the Greater Good: Engages and listens to others, adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics, building rapport relating comfortably with people across teams, functions, cultures, and levels
- Driven to Succeed: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business model, market dynamics and revenue levers, to inform and anticipate future strategies, changes, and trends
- Hunger for Excellence: Bias for action, high intrinsic motivation, thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities, and makes bold decisions at the right times
What you bring:
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong consultative and people skills
- Confident decision-making skills, problem solving ability, issue resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial and competitive spirit, passion, self-motivation
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to drive business development sales pipeline and close the sale
- Familiarity with MS Office and CRM (preferred)
- 1 – 3 years of B2B sales (preferred)
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Additional Information: The Duck Company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Mental/Physical Requirements: While in the office this position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers. While traveling, this position requires the incumbent to be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bending, stooping, sitting for long periods.
EEO Statement: The Duck Company believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. The Duck Company is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.