Supply Chain Demand Planner
Posted by Bushnell on 05/19/2023
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management, Manufacturing, Operations
Company Type: Recreation
City: Overland Park
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Demand Planner to join our talented team! The Supply Chain Demand Planner will create and maintain unit-forecasting, apply business, technical, and analytical expertise, while utilizing Logility software to efficiently estimate demand for assigned forecast groups/products. In addition, you will collaborate with inventory planning, product/trade marketing, and sales to finalize the demand signals (Events, sku forecast, customer data feeds). You will also facilitate financial planning sales plans utilizing software with collaboration from trade and sales. In addition, you will advise the group in support of business objectives by providing a fact-based perspective on trends, opportunities, risks and product performance. Finally, this position will require research, monitoring, and communication between multiple departments ranging from finance, product marketing, trade marketing, sourcing, inventory management and sales management.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Global Supply Chain - Demand Planning and is based out of our Overland Park, Kansas office.
As a Supply Chain Demand Planner, you will have an opportunity to:
- Utilize software to generate statistical unit demand forecasting for forecast group/sku/location level.
- Analyze sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results
- Collaborate input from internal consensus participants (product/trade-marketing/sales)
- Lead cross functional discussions to reconcile significant variances and refine forecasts
- Utilize software to establish inventory policies for assigned sku’s.
- Responsible for achieving on-hand inventory goals through parameter settings and push/pull of inventory replenishment
- Product life cycle management (beginning of life-end of life planning)
- Manage product flow by month
- Plan exit strategies and transition plan for excess inventory
- Analyze and consolidate large volumes of data (shipments, point of sales, inventory, market share, promotional activity), develop a fact-based point of view, and communicate to management via presentations and reports.
- Facilitate monthly inventory/replenishment reviews with buying staff to communicate trends and assumptions. Assimilate information from collaborative input and provide recommendations for adjustments.
- Facilitate monthly/seasonal review of inventory policy and goals with Buying/Sourcing/Finance to develop corporate plans to support capacity plans.
- Develop and maintain weekly sku level demand signals (promotions, customer forecasts) for new, active, discontinued products by utilizing statistical forecasting models, incorporating customer-supplied data, market intelligence or applying other techniques to define best methods to forecast customer demand.
- Identify key opportunities and obstacles inherent to the forecasting process. Assist management in continuous improvement of the process.
- Support long range factory capacity planning processes by maintaining unit forecasts for 12-18 future months in software
- Responsible for End of Life sku planning- utilizing Life Cycle Planning and communication to liquidate and achieve set budget targets.
- Assists with customer interaction to provide business overviews and supply-sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Key Customers and Field Sales to gain outside market data
- Build and communicate via reporting on inventory stock position issues, KPI tracking, new product launch/end of season, and additional reporting as necessary
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem solver
- Ability to articulate assumptions, methods, and results to peers and management, and to influence decision making
- Highly analytical, strong math and conceptual skills
- Aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong effective oral and written communication, with the ability to lead and facilitate consensus meetings
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Fundamental knowledge of supply chain management practices (forecast, purchasing, product development, sourcing, etc)
- Accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to quickly learn, remain flexible and work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all cross-functional teams and levels of business
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in the content area of consumer goods, business or relevant field of study.
- 2-4 years consumer goods industry experience related to forecasting, business planning and/or product development or retail management experience desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess strong computer knowledge.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Forecasting, database and reporting tools general purpose knowledge would be beneficial.
Bushnell Corporation is an American firm that specializes in sporting optics and outdoor products. It is based in Overland Park, Kansas and is a subsidiary of Vista Outdoor. Bushnell's produces binoculars, telescopes, spotting scopes, riflescopes, red dot sights, GPS devices, laser rangefinders, game cameras, night-vision devices and other optical equipment.