Posted by Sanitas Sales Group on 08/31/2021
Industry Sector(s): Bike, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports,
States: UT, WY
Territories: Rocky Mountains
Categories: accessories, hard goods, soft goods,
Employer State: CO
Employer City: Lakewood
Posting Description & Requirements
Individual will need to rapidly develop understanding of the customers’ businesses and how our agency’s brands can best succeed at their locations. Position requires an internal drive to increase sales and educate both consumers and retailers about the products we represent and how to sell them.
Must be able to self-manage and conduct yourself professionally across all manners of communication including email, phone and text. Strong organizational skills are critical to success.
Rep will need to submit a travel plan for each month along with goals.
· Account support requires administrative duties – order entry, completing excel docs, on-time follow through and follow up –accurate reporting of customer status for each brand or brands at the customer location.
· Manage travel calendar – Regular territory travel for store education/stocking/inventory, set-up attend and tear down of regional trade shows, attend national trade shows. Sales meeting attendance for our brands when requested.
· Ability to store, manage, transport appropriate brand samples for presentation to customers
· Create, manipulate and digest sales reports, programs, promotions, and be able to explain how they help customers while understanding their impact on the company.
· Sales rep must be able to function with current technology requirements- MS Office Suite, iOS, CRMs, Cloud services, shared calendars etc.
· Communication (verbal, written and electronic), emotional intelligence, drive, initiative, and collaboration are required.
· Gregarious, outgoing personality who connects with others easily, a touch of showmanship is helpful
· Outdoors and outdoor product experience at a high level are a must. Knowledge of hard-goods, apparel, and accessories – competitive landscape, function, history, material performance attributes, price ladders
· Merchandising – how to display products to attract a buyer
· Solid retail math understanding
· Excellent internet skills
· Must be ale to lift 50lbs, multiple times in a short period and work in a physical environment, stand on feet for over 10hrs a day while maintaining a positive attitude. This is done for a week at a time about 4 times a year, mandatory.
EXPERIENTIAL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· College degree preferred – field does not matter
· 3+ years of experience in the outdoor sporting goods business
- retail sales floor experience
- Rep and/or buying experience
- customer service, sales department – preferred at a manufacturer
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Experience organizing travel arrangements, spend multiple nights away from home
ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY & NOTEWORTHY:
Our on-boarding process includes training in our CRM, sales program, all brands, customers, and goals.
Tremendous amount of freedom and flexibility.
There is existing business with nationally recognized brands and room for growth.
This position provides travel in extraordinary sections of the US. Unrivaled opportunities for outdoor activities both with customers and while you travel the region.
About Sanitas Sales Group
Sanitas is a premier sales firm covering the western US. Located in Lakewood, Colorado we serve the outdoor recreation (camp, hunt, fish), sporting goods, travel and lifestyle channels of distribution. Our long term relationships cover the largest retailers in the US, highly successful local retailers and the best known .com businesses. Having worked for a combined 60+ years in the industry we have a proven track record of growing brands and the critical relationships that make doing business possible.
Our past roles in customer service, private label manufacturing/sourcing, sales management, retail and operations allow us to be very strong partners with our brands. We have the experience to help them navigate product life cycle from concept to close, work with them on new system launches and help them to learn our specialized customer base’s expectations. Most importantly all this experience generates revenue for both our retailer and brand partners.