Cheeky Fishing / Wingo Outdoors
Posted by Cheeky Fishing / Wingo Outdoors on 04/28/2022
Industry Sector(s): Fishing, Lifestyle, Outdoor,
States: AL, AK, AB, AZ, AR, BC, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NB, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NF, NC, ND, NS, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PI, QC, RI, SA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, DC, WV, WI, WY
Territories: All US & Canada
Categories: accessories, hard goods,
Employer State: MA
Employer City: North Adams
Posting Description & Requirements
Company: North Point Brands, LLC, DBA Cheeky Fishing & Wingo Outdoors
Position: Independent Sales Representative or
Territories Available: All US & Canada
Compensation: Commission on Sales
Founded in 2009, Cheeky Fishing develops, manufactures, markets and sells high-performance fly fishing reels and equipment. The company is a category innovator and dedicated to pushing the limits of product design to create fly fishing equipment that specifically aligns with the demands of a growing demographic of progressive anglers. To that end, the company launched a second brand in 2014, Wingo Outdoors, a manufacturer of accessories and pet products geared towards outdoor and fishing enthusiasts. Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors are co-located in North Adams, MA and run side-by-side under the parent entity North Point Brands.
Cheeky and Wingo currently distribute product through a robust dealer network of fishing and outdoor retailers, as well as through its own websites. The company recently hired a Sales Director to focus on its wholesale and custom merchandise business, which is growing rapidly. Momentum is building and the company requires a resourceful, confident, and success-driven sales rep/agency to continue growing the business. Preference will be given to candidates who can represent both the Cheeky and Wingo brands, but single-brand representation will be considered.
1. Sell and promote Cheeky and Wingo products and programs to retailers within the territory, including retail chains with buying offices located within the territory. Fishing and outdoor are traditional channels for the brands, but other retail channels offer significant opportunity, especially for Wingo custom merchandise.
2. Make sales presentations to buyers and follow up on new leads and referrals provided by North Point Brands or resulting from the sales representative’s prospecting and lead generation.
3. Service accounts to assist in smooth order flow and resolve issues or concerns that may arise.
4. Work with North Point Brands’ Sales Director to establish annual territory sales goals and formulate action plans and schedules to meet those goals.
5. Partner with retailers, consulting with them on ways to grow their business. Challenge them to think creatively and consider different approaches.
6. Provide product training and clinics to retail employees and sales staff within the territory.
7. Assist in setting up and maintaining Cheeky and Wingo retail merchandising point of sale displays at retail locations.
8. Attend and/or lead the Cheeky and Wingo presence at appropriate regional trade shows, consumer shows, and events within the territory to support and promote the brands and its retailers.
9. Communicate new product launches, promotions, and company information to accounts within the territory. Spring/summer pre-season sales programs are generally offered and sold from June through October and are heavily emphasized to book planned business.
10. Communicate in a timely manner with North Point Brands’ Sales Director and Dealer Support staff, occasionally providing field report and sell-through information.
submit both a resume and cover letter
to email@example.com as soon as possible. The company will review all applications promptly
and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.