The Position: Footwear Department Supervisor
Mountainman Outdoor Supply Company,
a multi-store independent outdoor specialty retailer in upstate New York, is looking for a Supervisor for its newly expanded Footwear Department at its Saratoga Springs location. We are looking for an experienced, high-energy professional that loves the outdoors, is knowledgeable in footwear retail, and thrives on customer service. (www.MountainmanOutdoors.com
You will be responsible to support the store manager in the shoe department, leading and motivating the sales assistants to deliver strong Customer Service and deliver on results. To be a successful department Supervisor you will need to be passionate about fashion, footwear and customer service. You will be a creative and innovative visual merchandiser with the commercial knowledge to ensure that your department maximizes all sales opportunities.
The quality and variety of products on our shelves are essential to the success of our business. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be a responsible individual with great attention to detail and a strong knowledge of outdoor and leisure footwear brands.
Our goal is to ensure that the business will always have adequate stock that meets its requirements. That way we can deliver value to our customers through high-quality products and facilitate sustainable growth.
Footwear Supervisor Responsibilities
- Identifying customer preferences and forecasting consumer trends
- Assist store buyer in evaluating supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and determine the best choices
- Assist store buyer in discovering and purchasing new products and checking the quality and popularity of those already on our shelves
- Driving sales to ensure department profitability
- Ensuring excellent customer service is offered
- Supervising & motivating staff to achieve results
- Visual merchandising, ensuring the department is commercially appealing
- Inventory control, ordering and restocking
- Attend regional and national trade shows
Ideally you will have:
- Some college education, associate degree preferred
- Two to three years of proven experience in footwear retail, preferably with some supervisory or team leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Merchandising skills and experience
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and delegate
- Must exhibit a high degree of flexibility, maintain a solution-driven focus in challenging situations, adapt quickly to changing business requirements
- Excellent computer skills and experience with MS Office and POS systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and compensation package.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Program
- Vacation and Leave Time
- Generous employee discounts on great outdoor gear & clothing!
- Working with a great team of men and women who love the outdoors, and love sharing that enthusiasm
Job Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years