Director of eCommerce
Posted by Allen Company on 05/17/2019
Industry Sector: Fishing, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Allen Company is seeking a highly creative, data-driven, and customer-focused Director of eCommerce to lead, develop, and implement strategies and initiatives that drive traffic, optimize conversion and retention rates, and increase eCommerce revenues and profitability. This role is responsible for creating a” best in class” digital presence that elevates the customer’s experience and delivers on the company’s revenue and growth plans.
The successful candidate will be a subject-matter expert in eCommerce strategy with a passion for leveraging data insights into campaigns, communications and features that build brand loyalty. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment within a team that is driven, enthusiastic, and open to taking risks.
A Little About Us:
We are headquartered in Broomfield, CO. Founded in 1970, we are a leading supplier of sporting goods and outdoor products with a trusted reputation in the outdoor community. We are humble, hardworking, and honest. You can check out some of our products at www.byAllen.com or lifestyle brand, Modern Leisure at www.Modern-Leisure.com.normal'> normal'>Allen Company is a long-standing and growing company. We are committed to excellence in both our products and our team. This commitment starts with recruiting talented candidates with positive, “can do” attitudes, who want to do what it takes to get the job done and make Allen and their team successful.
What Will You Be Doing:
- Build and oversee a data-driven, long-term digital roadmap that will positively impact the customer’s experience and the company’s strategic and financial goals
- Manage the eCommerce platform performance. Identify new opportunities and enhancements to drive more traffic and orders
- Lead all eCommerce strategic initiatives, operational improvements and the implementation of digital marketing efforts
- Create and implement channel development strategies
- Build the eCommerce growth strategy for both our internal B2C sales and supporting/onboarding current and new eTail partners/customers.
- Drive customer growth through strategy creation in: SEO, SEM, PPC, Social Media, Marketing
- Design, create and implement all new eCommerce platform strategies
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Direct and oversee short-run and long-run eCommerce strategic planning
- Continually monitor general economic environment and industry trends, directing updates to policies, plans, and goals so they are commensurate with external conditions
- Lead the Cross-platform digital strategy
- Lead personalization and content targeting
- Lead Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and CRM strategy
- Lead Affiliate Marketing strategy
- Oversee strategy for eCommerce revenue growth development for The Allen Company and Modern Leisure Company
- Drive aggressive growth goals by continually optimizing platform and products to drive YOY growth
- Map out and explain in detail the end-to-end client journey and the associated metrics and KPIs for each stage; as part of this responsibility, you will identify any customer friction points and find ways to solve them
- Build and execute SEO strategies that includes technical and content marketing considerations
- Lead CRM and retention strategies to drive engagement, repeat purchases and launch communications to drive revenue
- Utilize web and database analytics tools to measure incremental growth and conversion rates, and provide leadership with ongoing metrics to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Review competitive landscape and best practices, adjusting plans and activities based upon identified information
- Manage and grow the eCommerce team, including recruiting, training, and personnel development
- Define and manage a seasonal, monthly, and weekly site content calendar in partnership with the Marketing and Sales teams to an appropriate balance of brand storytelling and commerce
What We Are Looking For:
About Allen Company
Headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, Allen Company is a long-standing and growing company founded in 1970 and is a leading supplier of sporting goods and outdoor products. Allen Company is known and trusted reputation by the outdoor community.
Allen Company’s commitment to excellence starts by recruiting talented and outstanding candidates looking to be part of a dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate is willing to do what it takes to get the job done, has a positive “can do” attitude and wants to contribute to the overall success of Allen Company.