Human Resources Coordinator
Posted by Antarctic Logistics & Expeditions on 01/27/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Human Resources
Company Type: TravelandTourism
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Contact Name: Nick Lewis
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Human Resources Coordinator
Antarctic Logistics & Expeditions LLC o 84115 Salt Lake City, Utah
ALE is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to oversee the personnel recruiting and staffing component of their Antarctic, Chilean and US operations. The candidate must have exceptional organizational and communication skills with a strong understanding of the human resources needed for operations in difficult or remote environments as well as normal office environments. The qualified individual will handle all aspects of the hiring process including recruiting and contracting new staff as well as managing the human resources needs of existing staff. They must be willing to travel to Chile and Antarctica during the Antarctic operating season to provide HR support. The Human Resources Coordinator will be based in our Salt Lake City office and will report directly to the ALE Partner overseeing human resources and staffing.
- Assist Partners and Managers in handling all aspects related to new hires for assigned departments. " Consult with management team to assess staffing needs and develop and implement strategies to meet these needs.
- Oversee recruiting process including creation of job descriptions, interviews, obtaining supporting documentation and seeking Partner and Manager approval.
- Act as the point of contact for applicants seeking contracts and employment with ALE.
- Create role advertisements as necessary. " Ensure vacancies are filled in a timely manner for the forthcoming and subsequent operating seasons.
- Contract preparation and communication with staff.
- Manage performance management process including feedback documentation from Managers.
- Conduct end-of-season interviews with staff and record feedback for discussion with management team.
- Collect end-of-season departmental reports and follow up any aspects relevant to Human Resources.
- Assist with the research and execution of seasonal staff training including training assessment, new staff orientation and management development and staff training records.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures that align with the company code of conduct.
- Provide HR and management advice to Managers and staff, and work to resolve personnel relations issues quickly.
- Provide necessary HR training and education to Managers and staff based on company HR policies and procedures.
- Create and update the seasonal organizational chart in consultation with Partners and Managers.
- Prepare and maintain confidential personnel and performance files of current and past staff in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintain the master list of company policies and procedures, seeking Manager review of departmental policies and procedures.
- Write monthly off-season newsletters for the current staff group through, updating staff on the season planning progress.
- Assist with the monitoring of the staff remuneration structure and the variable pay systems within the company, including bonuses and raises.
- Liaise with Accounts department for staff payroll details.
- Assists with development of staff database as needed.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree or equivalent accredited qualification in human resources or personnel management.
- Human resources management: 3 - 5 years' experience recruiting, interviewing and contracting staff from entry-level contractors to senior managers.
- Working and practical knowledge of human resource disciplines, including contract communication, data management, staff relations and performance management.
- Capability to identify HR needs and solutions and make recommendations for implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience in spreadsheet and database entry and manipulation.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to self-direct but also work in a high energy, high capacity team environment under difficult conditions for periods of time.
- Valid passport & driver's license.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in remote operations or the outdoor industry.
- Working knowledge of Spanish.
- Salary varies by experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Nick Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org