Factory Store General Clerk
Posted by Wright & McGill Co. on 10/19/2020
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Retail - Sales
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 12.95 per hour
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Factory Store General Clerk
Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle, Co. is one of the most recognized names in the tackle industry and has been a manufacturer of fishing products for over 90 years. Not only do we manufacture our fishhooks right here in Denver, CO, but we distribute premium quality fishhooks, rods, reels, and terminal fishing tackle throughout the United States and in over 40 countries worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work and 4 ½ day work week, we offer the ability to participate in an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
To provide customers with knowledgeable customer service and assist with warranty and repairs.
Required Knowledge/Skills & Experience
= Intermediate typing skills required
= Ten key proficiency a plus.
= Must be able to read and write and have good math skills.
= Must be organized and able to use time efficiently.
= Must have good customer service skills and a pleasant phone voice.
= Must be able to multitask
= Prefer intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel, Access and Oracle.
= Prefer one year of college work or comparable work experience.
= Prefer knowledge of fishing.
= Fork Lift experience a plus
= Check and process all warranties and repairs, following the company’s warranty policies and procedures
= Take incoming warranty phone calls for all Eagle Claw, Wright & McGill Rods and Reels.
= Take incoming customer service calls for Shappell and Eagle Claw
= Assist with walk-in traffic in store including employees and their family members
= Take telephone or internet product orders, process order and ship to customer
= Handle monetary transactions with accuracy
= Restock sales floor when necessary.
= Ensure neat and organized appearance of selling floor.
= Ensure back stock is cleaned and organized
= Assist with shipping duties in the store
= Pull new stock items and make sure item has been transferred to factory store.
= Perform general housekeeping and cleaning of the Factory Store
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Must have good visual acuity and good manual dexterity.
- When on production floor must be able to follow safety guidelines, i.e. safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for the length of the shift.
- Must be able to tolerate cold temperatures to search for product in the warehouse.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to use arms to reach up and/or out over head and shoulders to, push/pull and lift product and move product from one location to another and operate equipment that uses the motion in both arms.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and twist to remove and/or place product on skids, stock shelves in store find product in warehouse.
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 12 feet.
- Must be able to physically push and pull to move product on dollies and pallet jacks.
- Must be able to use a hand/box stapler on a regular basis throughout the day.