Posted by Simms Fishing Products. on 09/14/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Accounting
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Simms organization is growing and ready to fill the position of Accounting Manager. This is a full-time, in-house position based in Bozeman, Montana.
To maintain accurate and complete accounting records. To ensure that product costing is accurate, and controls/reviews are in place to identify issues in a timely manner. To serve as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budget information and helping them evaluate the financial impact of business decisions. To identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies within the ERP/Acct. environment and to maintain compliance with all financial reporting standards, taxing authorities, and borrowing covenants.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
· Maintain accurate and complete financial records, including ensuring balance sheet accounts and reserves are recorded and reconciled in an efficient and timely manner.
· Ensure recurring reports (booked-to-shipped, sales workbooks, shop-in-shop analyses, etc.) are completed and provided to stakeholders in a timely manner to drive effective decision making.
· Ensure business leaders understand where they are vs. budget and have the information they need to manage to their budget.
· Ensure all monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance filings are completed within deadlines. Utilize third-party software provider to ensure Simms is compliant with sales tax regulations.
· Ensure product costing is accurate and provide Sourcing, Operations and Development teams with timely insight into costing variances.
· Identify and assist in modifying current processes and procedures to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of transacting, recording, and processing transactions.
· NAV “Power User”. Can be relied upon to be the definitive resource for the efficient use of specific ERP functions and related business processes. Become the expert in information access tools utilized by Simms (NAV, the Sales Cube, etc.) and perform the above efficiently and effectively.
· Attention to Detail – Aware of all tasks & responsibilities. Does not let things slip through the cracks.
· Analytical Skills – Ability to efficiently work with numbers, determine meaning from quantitative figures. Ensure data is accurate.
· Organization & Planning – Ability to prioritize tasks and organize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
· Flexibility/Adaptability – Ability to adjust quickly to new priority assignments or issues that come to light.
· Communication – Able to communicate findings/issues/resolutions with all effected parties.
· Honesty/Integrity – Upholds the creditability of the Finance Department and provides a positive image of the department to the rest of the company. Properly handles the responsibilities of one working in the accounting field.
· Professional Skepticism – Uses a questioning mind to critically assess the appropriateness and sufficiency of information.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar
· 5+ years of experience in Accounting field
· CPA with supervisory experience strongly preferred
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
About Simms Fishing Products.
Simms is a leading manufacturer of high quality fishing apparel and outerwear, based in Bozeman, Montana.