Posted by Simms Fishing Products. on 09/14/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Accounting
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Simms organization is growing and ready to fill the position of Sr Accountant. This is a full-time, in-house position based in Bozeman, Montana.
To support in the preparation of timely and accurate financials via the completion of month end close recons, and compliance with various reporting agencies. To identify and implement process improvements across the accounting/finance function.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
· Preparation of balance sheet recons and posting of related journals entries in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.
· Identify and assist in implementing process improvements to close, banking, ERP, and other accounting operation functions.
· Manage Avalara Software and State by State Sales Tax requirements.
· Assist and prepare documents and reports related to the Financial, Bank, and sales tax audits, in addition to any other compliance and regulatory reporting.
· Provide cross department support in troubleshooting ERP issues.
· Support Director of Finance with ad hoc requests and analysis, presenting findings in a clear and concise manner.
· Judgement – Ability to identify root causes and go beyond treating the symptoms.
· Attention to Detail – Aware of all tasks & responsibilities. Does not let things slip through the cracks.
· Analytical Skills – Ability to efficiently work with numbers, determine meaning from quantitative figures. Ensure data is accurate.
· Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
· Organization & Planning – Ability to prioritize tasks and organize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
· Flexibility/Adaptability – Ability to adjust quickly to new priority assignments or issues that come to light.
· Communication – Able to communicate findings/issues/resolutions with all effected parties.
· Bachelors in Accounting and/or Finance.
· 3-4 years professional experience in an accounting role, public accounting experience preferred.
· Strong working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Suite products
· Prior experience with an ERP preferred.
· CPA License or working toward a CPA License preferred but not required.
Simms offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off.
About Simms Fishing Products.
Simms is a leading manufacturer of high quality fishing apparel and outerwear, based in Bozeman, Montana.