Program Manager - Outdoor Education
Posted by Princeton-Blairstown Center on 10/13/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Camp Staff & Counselors, Outdoor Education
Company Type: Events, Recreation, School/Military
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Patricia Karl
Contact Phone: 9083626765 x1
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $39K-$45K/year depending on experience
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Program Manager will plan outdoor adventures for historically marginalized youth on Princeton-Blairstown Center’s 268-acre campus near the Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area! Be part of our year-round team as we develop and deliver environmental and outdoor (ropes and challenge course) programs for schools, community-based organizations, and university partners in the New York metropolitan area. The Program Manager supports the Director of Programs and Assistant Director in all aspects of program management, coordination, implementation, and delivery at the Blairstown Campus. In addition to staff training and management of our extensive high/low ropes and challenge course elements, the Program Manager will:
• Develop, manage, coordinate, and evaluate progressively sequenced, age-appropriate programs which address user group’s goals, objectives, needs, and interests; develop and implement program schedules; appropriate staff; organize food service, transportation, and other logistics; maintain records; and undertake assessment and evaluation of program offerings. (approximately 70% of time)
• Supervise and coach staff as assigned and evaluate their performance. (approximately 20% of the time).
• Develop, facilitate, and debrief adventure based/experiential education curriculum including adventure course, low and high ropes course, rock climbing, hiking, canoeing/kayaking/swimming, and restoration programming designed to help students develop 21st Century and social-emotional skills that include learning to communicate cooperatively, problem solve, and work together to achieve common goals. (approximately 10% of the time).
• Must possess or be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Substantial professional experience working with children and adolescents in education, youth development, and/or experiential education settings.
• Minimum two years documented experience training and facilitating low and high ropes courses, canoeing, backpacking, expeditions, and rock climbing.
Job Location – Blairstown, NJ
Salary Range $39-$45k (Depending on Experience),
Excellent time off package (3 weeks of vacation, 6 sick days, 11 Holidays, 1 Heritage Day, 2 wellness days),
Generous health care/dental/vision package, 3% employer contribution to 401k, bonus, $1,000 annual professional development funds, in-service training, food, shared house/private bedroom in recently renovated semi-furnished house (room & board valued at $20k).
Flexible start date - preferably January, 2022.
BIPOC are strongly encouraged to apply. PBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its work and staffing.
See our website for more qualifications and details, and to apply: www.princetonblairstown.org/employment
About Princeton-Blairstown Center
The Princeton-Blairstown Center (PBC) is an independent nonprofit with a mission to empower young people, primarily from under-resourced communities, to strengthen their social-emotional skills through experiential, environmental, and adventure-based programming at our Blairstown Campus near the Delaware Water Gap. We collaborate with schools, university partners, and community-based agencies to develop in youth deepened self-awareness, responsible decision-making, teamwork, and leadership skills. Our educational methodology combines critical thinking skills, experiential education facilitating Social Emotional Learning, and practical applications in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Our wide variety of year-round, multi-service programs serve over 8,000 students from the Mid-Atlantic states.