Posted by Castle Hot Springs on 11/08/2023
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Guide (raft,fish,bike hunt,horse etc.), Hospitality & Lodge Staff, Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician
Company Type: TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Seasonal Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Activities and Adventures Guide
Position Summary: We seek a team player with bike mechanic skills. Previous experience in biking and bike maintenance is desirable and should be brought forward on the application. The Activities and Adventures department includes hiking, Via Ferrata, Mindfulness, E-biking, and various other activities. This position primarily works with guests as an Activities and Adventures Guide, providing safe, meaningful, and quality outdoor experiences. Training will be provided to deliver various on-property tours. Previous medical training is desirable, and ongoing medical training will be provided.
This position primarily involves duties in an outdoor environment. The ability to work in various weather conditions and temperatures is required. This is an outdoor guide position with an emphasis on a broad range of outdoor skills, including naturalist skills, narrative skills, interpersonal skills, and clear communication and coaching. Activities and Adventures Guides will work closely with the department manager and Front Desk to create a seamless flow of information and coordinate all activities. Requires a high degree of follow-through with both guests and related departments. Join a diverse community that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth and training in new skills.
- Creates a guest experience of the highest level of service by utilizing resources and cross-departmental communication.
- Delivers engaging tours and classes to guests professionally with a commitment to excellence.
- Can explain all general on-property locations and functions, classes, hikes, and lectures/special events while communicating with guests.
- An ability to teach technical skills to guests is required and will be covered in training.
- Completes daily assigned checklists and job duties with a sense of urgency.
- Provides solutions to ensure guest satisfaction with all departments by utilizing full-circle customer service, especially when requests are not immediately met.
- Has an active knowledge of all guest areas resort-wide, including front desk, farm operations, restaurant, spa, etc.
- Communicates resort-wide cancellations/changes that may negatively impact guest experience.
- Walks facilities with a critical eye to ensure appropriate cleanliness and guests’ needs are being met.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures/accident prevention policies.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Bike mechanic skills
- Prior guest relations experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks is required.
- Computer skills required.
- Previous hotel/resort experience preferred.
- Willing and able to work shifts, including weekends/holidays required.
- Medical training is preferred.
- Experience in coaching outdoor activities preferred.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- 80% Standing and Walking
- 20% Sitting
- Hearing and Manual dexterity
- Distance vision 1-3 feet
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
About Castle Hot Springs
Castle Hot Spring is 45 minutes north of Phoenix near Lake Pleasant in a wild and beautiful section of the Sonoran desert. We are a luxury resort to a maximum of 72 guests.
In a short time Castle Hot Springs has become and leading wellness and adventure resorts on 1200 acres.
#1 resort in Arizona by travel and leisure. The adventure department allows for a flexible schedule and a supportive environment.