The Position: Key Account Sales Manager
Based in Denver, Outdoor Edge is a growing 29-year-old brand committed to producing the highest quality knives and tools for outdoor adventure. We create highly innovative, market leading products that are built to endure a lifetime of use. Our small business consists of about 20 rock stars that strive to create a fun, fast paced, family oriented company culture.
The Key Account Sales Manager is responsible for calling on a defined group of Outdoor Edge’s key accounts while also generating new leads and closing new business. This position will be based at Outdoor Edge’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado and reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Drive year-over-year sales increase for current account base.
· Identify new leads and close new business.
· Make outbound follow-up calls and emails to new and existing customers.
· Assist with creating various sales and marketing materials.
· Negotiate pricing and terms for new customers.
· Forecast sales and communicate inventory demand to purchasing manager.
· Travel 50-100 days per year to conduct product line reviews and exhibit at trade shows.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Relationship Master – Enjoys working with various personality types. Has strong emotional intelligence and understands how build and maintain relationships.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
· Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Accepts feedback from management and strives to be better with constructive criticism.
· Business Acumen - Knowledge of the knife market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Knows how to calculate margin, mark-up and other basic financial math.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Upholds commitments; Works with integrity.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 5+ years of experience in sales required. Outdoor industry sales experience is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in marketing or another business-related field preferred.
· Ability to communicate persuasively over the phone, in writing, and in person.
· Ability to travel up to 100 days per year and occasionally travel over the weekends.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Ability to learn CRM’s and programs quickly. Experience with SAP Business One is a plus.
· Able to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally lift or move up to 70 pounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Compensation will depend on experience
· Benefits available after 90 days include:
o 401K with guaranteed contribution
o Paid Holidays
o Health Insurance
o Life Insurance Plan
o Long-Term Disability Benefits
· Benefits available after 1 year include:
o 3 Paid Personal/Sick Days
o 10 Paid Vacation Days
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you meet the requirements outlined above, then we invite you to apply for this position:
· Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Include “Key Account Manager Position” in the email’s subject line.
Job Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 50+ miles
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: None
Contact Name: Colin Wayne
Direct Phone: 303-530-7667