The Position: Store Manager
Freewheel Bike in Minneapolis is currently seeking a dynamic, passionate, detail-oriented individual for the role of Store Manager at our Midtown Bike Center location.
As a long-standing pillar of the cycling community in Minnesota, Freewheel Bike has built its reputation by providing world-class service and challenging the norms of bicycle retail. By paying well above industry average wage and offering benefits not usually found in retail, we have been able to assemble a strong team of professionals who are as passionate about bikes as they are about creating a successful business.
Store Manager Position
As a Store Manager at Freewheel Bike, you are empowered to create and lead a dynamic, successful, and passionate retail bike shop team. As Store Manager, you are a key member of the operational team that reports directly to the General Manager. As part of this team, your contributions are critical to the success of the entire enterprise and you have the opportunity to design and mold this progressive, forward-moving enterprise, in an ever-changing retail landscape.
Essential Job Functions
The Store Manager provides direction and leadership to a diverse group of sales, service, and operations staff. Through recruitment, education and motivation, you will be expected to build and maintain an energetic, passionate staff that understands what it means to win in today’s retail environment and values providing a fantastic customer experience.
With an extensive list of evaluation tools at your disposal, you will evolve the direction of your store based on insight and data extracted, as well as your years of experience in a business-focused retail environment. Your ultimate goal is to produce a successful, profitable store that can continue to thrive and add value to our community. You must be able to enthusiastically achieve the following:
- Maximize store sales and achieve sales goals
- Measure and monitor progress and results daily
- Ensure all staff have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to reach goals
- Manage payroll expenses to ensure profitability
- Ensure world-class customer service by maintaining Freewheel Bike brand service standards
- Engage customers to seek out feedback so you can measure and adjust for improved success
- Work with Management team on the creation of annual store business plan and calendar
- Ensure staff are active brand ambassadors within the community through proactively seeking out opportunities to participate and enrich the lives of our customers outside of the store
- Maintain an efficient and effective inventory by utilizing our advanced inventory tracking systems as well as ensuring these systems are performing optimally
- Collaborate and contribute with marketing team to execute store events that produce impactful sales results as well as increased community involvement
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff at all times
- Continuously search for ways to improve all aspects of our enterprise
The ideal Store Manager will have a passion and love for bicycles and riding them as often as possible. You are a leader and motivator, who thrives off of achieving goals and is enthusiastic about mentoring others to achieve even greater success. You are excited for the opportunity to be the person who builds something great while building a team of exceptional coworkers that you are proud to call teammates. On a functional level, you will bring with you the following skills:
- Minimum 3+ years of managing a successful business
- Minimum 3+ years working in a sales-focused environment
- Proven ability to meet business goals
- Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop future leaders
- Knowledge and experience cultivating and maintaining an effective inventory
- Proficiency in administering a point of sale system as well as Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in interpreting and using financial metrics to drive performance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in visual merchandising
- Proven ability to deliver world-class customer service experience
- Possess a drive to create and be a part of something great
- Eagerness to expand knowledge base
The Store Manager is required to meet the standard physical requirements of all of the roles at Freewheel Bike with a few additions:
- Operate office equipment
- Standing for extended periods up to an entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move products and fixtures up to 75 pounds
- Travel via car or plane on up to 3 times per year on trips lasting up to 5 days
- Ability to regularly work more than 40 hours per week, including many weekends
- Be available to travel (by air and automobile)
At Freewheel Bike, we challenge the way everything in the bike industry is done and that philosophy carries over into how we reward our staff.
We put great value on the depth of knowledge and commitment you bring to the job and we pay well above the NBDA average for all of our positions. Our Store Managers are also rewarded with an aggressive goal-based bonus system.
We take every opportunity to increase your value by adding to your knowledge and ensuring you have the most up-to-date skills to help us succeed. We achieve this through both on-site training and paid for off-site seminars and clinics.
Freewheel Bike offers an array of benefits for eligible full-time employees including health dental and vision with Freewheel contribution of 70% of the employee’s base plan.
We proudly include domestic partnership coverage in our insurance offerings.
All employees of Freewheel Bike can contribute pre-tax dollars to an IRA account and Freewheel Bike will match your contribution up to 3% of your wage, fully vested from day one.
All employees who successfully complete the orientation period are eligible for our wholesale + 5% discount on all products, and thanks to our relationships with top-quality vendors there is plenty of opportunity to buy merchandise well below wholesale price.
Bike Commuter Facilities
Besides designated indoor bike parking, each of our locations has shower facilities to make your bike commute more convenient.
Everyone at Freewheel Bike loves bicycles. We love riding them. We love talking about them. We love learning about them. If you’re crazy about bikes, you’ll fit right in. Surrounding ourselves with people who share our passion has created an exceptionally positive work environment. Besides the countless public bike events we attend and promote, we hold spontaneous staff rides on a regular basis.
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years
Job Application Web Site: https://freewheelbike.com/articles/join-our-team-pg599.htm